Terms & conditions
ONLINE STORE REGULATIONS
These Regulations ("Regulations") define the terms and conditions of the sale of goods in the online store operating at: ww.moss-moss (Online Store).
- The owner of Online Store is: PBTO Sp z o.o., entered into the National Court Register under 0000646280, NIP: 5482677576, REGON: 365828259, seated in Cieszyn, 43-400, No. 13 Stanisława Wyspiańskiego Street, POLAND.
- The following are necessary to use Online Store, which includes viewing Goods available from Online Store stocks and placing orders:
- a) a computer with the Internet access;
- b) Internet browser: Safari, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox or Opera;
- c) an active E-mail account.
- Adult natural persons with at least limited legal capacity as well as legal persons or organizational entities without legal personality, having legal capacity and the capacity to perform acts in law may be customers of Online Store.
- Customer – each person who uses Online Store in any manner.
- Basket – the element of Online Store in which Customer specifies order details such as: Customer’s data, amount of Goods, delivery address, data for invoice, manner of delivery, form of payment and other data providing which is necessary to perform the order
- Newsletter – commercial information with respect to moss-moss.pl website, in particular concerning Goods, new arrivals, special offers, etc.
- Online Store – IT platform administered by PBTO Sp. z o.o., operating at: www.moss-moss.eu
- Goods – products which may be ordered in Online Store.
RULES FOR PLACING ORDERS
- Before placing an order in Online Store, Customer should read these Regulations.
- Information about Goods available in the stocks of Online Store does not constitute an offer within the meaning of the Civil Code. Information about Goods provided on the website of Online Store constitutes a request for customers’ proposals.
- By placing an order in Online Store, Customer submits a proposal to PBTO to conclude a sale (purchase) contract concerning selected Goods. The conclusion of a sales contract requires that Customer places an order, and subsequently the acceptance of the order is confirmed by PBTO Sp. z o.o. following after verification by PBTO Sp z o.o. the availability of Goods in stock by PBTO Sp z o.o.
- Orders may be placed in Online Store 7 days a week, 24 hour a day.
- Customer may place orders in Online Store by selecting Goods displayed on Online Store website and adding them to Basket.
- After adding Goods to Basket and providing the data necessary to complete the order, Customer confirms the order by clicking: "PLACE ORDER"
- The prices of the Goods available in Online Store at the time of Customer placing the order are binding for Customer and the Store owner. The prices of Goods available in Online Store are in PLN and inclusive of VAT (gross prices).
- The price of Goods provided on the Online Store website does not include the cost of shipping Goods to Customer. The shipping cost, the amount of which is indicated in the Basket, is added to the price of Goods before the Customer confirms the order placement. Shipping costs depend on the method of delivery of Goods to the Customer, on the value and size of the order.
- DotPay S.A. is the entity providing online payment services by electronic means.
- Customer placing an order in Online Store may use the following payment methods:
- b) payment by bank transfer - before collecting the ordered Goods, to the Company's bank account indicated on the Online Store website: moss-moss.eu
- c) by payment card: Visa, Visa Electron, MasterCard, MasterCard Electronic, Maestro; Online payment settlements are effected by DotPay S.A. (Dotpay.pl)
- The Store owner sends Customer a confirmation of the order acceptance of the at the e-mail address provided by Customer when placing the order, within three days from the date of placing the order.
- If the delivery of the order placed by Customer is not possible as Goods are out of stock, the store owner informs Customer about this fact within three days from the date of placing the order, by sending a message to the e-mail address provided by Customer. If some of the Goods covered by the order are not available, Customer decides whether the order is to be partially delivered or entirely cancelled.
- Customer may change or cancel the order by writing to the following E-mail address: email@example.com, by the time the store owner dispatches the ordered Goods.
- If the payment has been made in advance, the owner shall refund the amount paid (or part of it if the order is to be partially delivered) within three working days from the date of the order cancellation.
- Goods ordered in Online Store are delivered to the delivery address indicated by Customer when ordering in the territory of the Republic of Poland within three working days from the date of sending the confirmation of the order acceptance to Customer. Or within 14 working days to addresses in the European Union.
- If Customer selects a payment method other than cash on delivery, the order shall be accepted for delivery on condition that is advance payment for the ordered Goods is made. If Customer selects bank transfer as the method of payment, Customer should make the payment within three days from the date of placing the order, after which the order shall be cancelled.
- If the customer chooses bank transfer or payment card as the method of payment, the order processing time is counted from the date of crediting the Seller's bank account or settlement account.
- Parcels shall be delivered to Customer via a courier company. Deliveries to Customers are made on business days.
- The courier company shall make two attempts to deliver the parcel. After 2 ineffective delivery attempts, Goods shall be returned to the Store owner, about which the customer shall be notified via e-mail sent to the e-mail address provided at the time of ordering. In the case of Goods for which the payment was to be made in cash on delivery, after 2 unsuccessful attempts to deliver the parcel, the order shall be entirely cancelled.
- The store owner delivers Goods to Customer along with a sales document in the form of a VAT invoice or receipt. A VAT invoice or a receipt delivered to the Customer together with Goods constitutes a confirmation of the conclusion of the contract.
- Customer may consent to receive commercial and marketing information from www.moss-moss.eu by electronic means, in the form of Newsletter, sent to the e-mail address provided by Customer.
- Customer may unsubscribe from Newsletter at any time. In each marketing message sent by www.mech-mech.pl, there is a special link to unsubscribe from Newsletter. Registered Customers may also unsubscribe from Newsletter for by changing the settings on the user's account.
- The store owner is entitled to copyrights or the relevant license to the photos and contents on the Online Store website. Copying and distributing them without the consent of PBTO Sp z o.o. is forbidden.
- The names of Goods posted on the Online Store website may be protected under the provisions of the Act of June 30th, 2000, Industrial Property Law.
- For matters not regulated hereunder, generally applicable provisions of law shall apply, including the Act of April 23rd, 1964, the Civil Code, the Consumer Rights Act of May 30th, 2014 and the General Regulation on the Protection of Personal Data of the European Union 2016/679 of April 27th, 2016 ("GDPR").
- www.moss-moss.eu does not apply the Code of Good Practice within the meaning of the Act of August 23rd, 2007 on counteracting unfair market practices.
- These Regulations shall be effective as of March 1st, 2020.